Old 12-10-08, 05:50 PM   #414
Philipp_Thomsen
Old Gang

Downloads: 146
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodolph
Hi all
This is my first post in this great forum. At first : Respekt to all the modders and engaged people. Here comes my prob : (no perfekt english / Im from germany)
I got Thomsens Soundpack 3.0 runnin . I like it very much but theres one thing I `m sick of : every time I enter the " Komandozentrale" the background-voice starts to tell the same story. Is there a random in update 3.1 or is it planed at least? By the way : How do I know that the update to 3.2. is already done ? And can somebody tell me how I have to install the update?I`m well trained with7z and jsmg and stuff. I got a lot of mods runnin. Althoug I read the install-hints of the first page i cant get it right.

Greets, Rodolph
Welcome Rudolph!
Normally Sailor Steve welcomes the new guys, but appears that he doesn't read my threads...

Yes, this is a very good forum and you'll love this place!

Now, to answer your questions...
1. The repeating interior sounds.... nope, nothing can be done in that case. The game starts the file again everytime you go to those rooms where the sound is used. That's why I included 3 versions of that sound within the mod. You can choose which one to use, and one of those versions is purely instrumental, with no crew chattering, no voices. All you need to do is listen to them (in the data/sound folder) and choose which one you like. After that, you need to rename the one you like. Ex: The one with no chattering, the file name ends with a ...3. You need to remove that number from the end of the file name for the game to load it instead of the other one. Obviously, you'll need to rename the standard one first.

2. The updates... you really need to install those updates. They are a very important part of the soundpack, with some bugs fixed. In my filefront page, in the same folder of the soundpack, you will find two updates, V3.1 and V3.2. You need to enable both with JSGME. First enable the V3, then 3.1 and finally 3.2. They contain some important corrections and bugfixes.

This is an old buggy game, and this soundpack was the best I could do, game-permitting. Still, you'll eventually find a lot of flaws... we do what we can.

By the way, your english is not bad at all!