Thread: [REL] FOTRS Ultimate Project
View Single Post
Old 02-02-18, 09:16 AM   #5730
merc4ulfate
DILLIGAF

Downloads: 210
Uploads: 0

I use the FOTRSU for the first time last night on a clean install.

Start up was wonderful began with a Tambor and all ran well.

First ship was a Greek Vessel running a German Flag.
Auto targeting was used but it would not keep a lock for more than 3 seconds. Most likely due to distance and being at night. Sank it with 6 fish. First was a single shot that hit. I would have done a salvo but I wanted to see how the fish and damage could be on one.

Zig zag then three misses. Next two hit sank it about 3000 yrds away. It was heavily armed. It had seven cannons. Three on deck and two on each side hidden under the main deck with slots cut out for the barrel. Axillary cruiser Widdler class I think it said. An interesting find to say the least.

Issues I had with the mod:

Men on deck have eyes suck into their heads about 1 - 1 1/2 inches. Men below had normal eyes.

No moon but at night I could see two dark spheres in the sky like where a moon could be. Was odd there were two on the same night.

Small convoy lead by one corvette. One ship out of the four merchants was sitting so low her decks were awash but still keeping speed with the others. Corvette was also decks awash she sat so low. This was a clear daylight run and even at less than 3000 yards the target lock would only keep for 3 seconds. Most fish missed ahead. I do not know if this was due to a fault in the angle indicator or fault in the speed recognition. Merchants were recorded at nine knots. I noticed that even at zero angle with the ship right in front of me the fish are coming out and taking a ten degree port turn. I was chased away by the corvette. One hit out of 13 fish. One premature detonation.

After I left the above encounter I came across a merchant also decks awash it sat so low. I do not remember the class but it was the same as the earlier one. Again the same ten degree turn to port on firing and three misses. At zero angle I had to aim astern in order to hit and sink it at less than 2000 yards.

Next was a bad storm with sonar picking up a warship. Maneuvered to intercept. Periscope depth, MOMI class, 1100 yards in a storm, it only came into view at 1000 yards and had a constant positive lock on targeting. Sank with one fish no issues with turning ten degrees port on launch.

Summary:

Some ships are sitting to low in the water and this may be giving false speed or AOB readings for auto lock.

Some ships have trouble being locked on to on a clear day while others get a positive lock in storms.

No moon

Can the flag on the fantail be removed for under water? It just looks weird flying in the breeze at 300 feet.

Questions:

Can I run environmental mods with this? I always enjoyed how some look. Can I run improved ships physics with this? I really loved the work on this mod and need to know if it can be ran with FOTRSU.

I only ran one mission with this mod last night but I do love it already. That Greek vessel with the German flag really through me off. I'm glad I didn't try to gun it.

Mercfulfate
将補
日本帝國海軍

merc4ulfate is offline   Reply With Quote