View Single Post
Old 11-22-23, 05:05 PM   #49
Molon Labe
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 27
Uploads: 5

19 March 1942

West Australian Coast
I-166 sustained light depth charge damage from a destroyer on patrol off Perth.

Java
Our surface group on patrol in the Java Sea picked off another minesweeper that lost the port it was monitoring.

We made our second attack on Batavia, reducing fortifications to Level 1. Our engineers took heavy casualties with 18 squads destroyed, but the enemy took 85 devices destroyed and had more disabled than us as well. I'll need to rest my troops tomorrow, but we're very close.

Hawaii
I-2 torpedoed and sank an APD in a task force departing Pearl headed northeast. Although the ship did not appear in the combat report, according to the operations report the Yorktown was "sighted and engaged" in the same hex this turn. Therefore it appears this was the Yorktown headed back to the west coast for further repairs after getting patched up here at Pearl.

Burma
Lost a Sally to flak over Rangoon. I hate losing planes for so little but I really don't want there to be huge forts waiting for me when I finally get here.

Gilbert Islands
Yet again we caught enemy ships snooping around here. This time it's the CL Trenton. We attacked with Mavises out of Tarawa but missed. A Mavis on regular patrol claimed a hit on her, though. Sending a cruiser-destroyer force to intercept.

SOPAC
We've lost sight of the bogey we were trying to intercept south of Noumea.

Sumatra
I've landed troops in Bangkalis--trying to make taking the northwestern half of the island a priority now so I can tie off Java/Sumatra with a nice little bow.