View Single Post
Old 07-27-10, 03:18 PM   #64
Travis Reed
Planesman

Downloads: 104
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETR3(SS) View Post
The amount of noise you put into the water is determined by the amount of shaft rpms. Anything less than 50rpm is a silent running speed. I haven't tried editing sound files so that may or may not help as well.
I was actually thinking of the config for the sounds (the .dsd files), not the sound files themselves. It seems, though, that the .dsd files do not have anything to do with volume, just which sound file is played by what event.

Something else to consider is that the Hydrogen Peroxide engine is more difficult to refuel. You have to actually end your patrol back at your assigned base to get more fuel for it (in my experience, anyway). This means that you can't just stop at any friendly base to get it topped off (as with diesel fuel). In my opinion, it should not be used as a primary propulsion system. This is, however, Silverwolf's boat...so he may do as he pleases.