View Single Post
Old 01-21-09, 01:21 AM   #26
Rubini
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 132
Uploads: 0
Default info update

A later update:

After more extensive tests, i guess that now I know all it´s greats and limitations:
I finished one entire campaign patrol with the WScreen mod enabled without any problem. The visual is really terrific.

A. Already done and working correctly:
1. All 3d views controlled by the player are totally adjusted - object view, free view, all station views, all internal views, internal free views.
2. Internal fore view for Type IIA/D that is not in the cameras.dat

B. The unfixable downsides:
1. event cameras yet streched, seems hardcoded
2. Sun halo only appears at the very left of the screen, a stock problematic bug with DX 10 cards that also reappears on the WS mod, no way to solve it without losing the widescreen mode.

C. The fixable issues - tons of specific work - (in near future with the help of the community):
1. to a complete Wscreen game all tgas related to 2d images that appears in game screens (intro, office, campaign options, uzo mask, bino mask, etc) and also all dials and buttons (TDC, icons, dials, needles, etc) need to be adjusted
2. the menu_1024 will also needs position adjusts for these buttons, needles, bearings, etc.
3. fonts aspect ratio adjust
4. Specific adjusts on the UZO/Bino/Periscope views to adjust the aspect ratio too - already tested and working, just waiting for the new masks.

Notice that the mod already works well even without this extensive future work decribed at item "C".

I will release a pre beta, GWX2.1/3.0 compatible tomorrow, ready out of the box on the cameras view side as explained above, you can enable it at any point in a campaign game without any problem.

Last edited by Rubini; 01-21-09 at 01:37 AM.
Rubini is offline   Reply With Quote