View Single Post
Old 06-05-12, 01:33 PM   #15
Egan
Admiral

Downloads: 15
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dowly View Post
As much as I love the show, the slow pace is really starting to tick me off.

I thought first season was slow, but then came the 2nd and it was 8 episodes of
pretty much nothing and 2 episodes of quickly wrapping things up to a cliffhanger
ending.
But what a cliff hanger! Wow! last nights episode was fantastic in so many different ways.

I'm really enjoying the show. I think the pace is just about right and rather than the 'Sopranos in Middle Earth' tag it got landed with early on, it's seems much more like the Wire now in the way it doesn't hold your hand when it comes to remembering who that character who appeared for a scene in series one, episode 5 is when they reappear, and what plots they fit into.

I also like they seem to have done the moral ambiguity of many of the characters correctly. what I mean is they haven't been shy of handling the more human side of characters like Little Finger, and they've done it in a subtle and believable way where it could have been very heavy handed. For all the blood and gore, there is a lot of subtlety in the books.

Can't wait. It'll be April before it's on, won't it? Well, Sky are showing their new Sinbad show in a few weeks which might be good for a laugh. I wonder when the Borgias and Boardwalk Empire are coming back?
Egan is offline   Reply With Quote