Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 19
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anvart
Quote:
Originally Posted by skwasjer
Some remarks:
- the alpha channel of the AO texture is actually a 'specular mask'. You can see evidence of this in the SH4-shaders (I've investigated this for the upcoming S3D icw. texture support). The specular mask however can also be in the alpha channel of the base texture (if this doesn't need the alpha channel!), and this difference is indicated in the UnifiedRenderControler where you have the option UseSpecularFromDiffuse (yes/no), where no implies to use it from the AO-map.

and skilled modders can create bump map manually (as variant withoit Hi-Low poly) ...
using Photoshop and Emboss filter ... you can create two images with different corners (one of variants ... differ. = 100°)
and other parametres of the filter and then copy these two images into Red and Blue channels or in others ...
Yep! that was how I made the bumpmaps for the "Warships retextured" and the PE project, it may not be 100% correct but it does the job.

Thanks for the tutorial Danlisa It's nice to see you care about the community and are trying to help the modders in the right direction.

..And Skwasjer your wisdom about these things never stops to amaze me

Real Environment mod

and Pacific Enviroments 4 mod

Last edited by kriller2; 12-17-08 at 06:05 AM.
kriller2 is offline   Reply With Quote