View Single Post
Old 03-28-17, 10:01 PM   #27
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Myself anymore, I'd recommend a brand new fresh "bone stock" install. Don't play it, but use Rockin Robbins SH4CMS utility and make yourself what he likes to call a "pristine backup" of the game. Makes for much easier recovery in the future. Once you have that backup, then you could copy the "Pristine Backup" over into another directory, and use MultiSH on both of the installs. It allows you to have separate "Save" folders for your different mods, so that you don't have to worry as much about "cross-contamination" of the different mods into each other... I would then maybe install Webster's Game Fixes Only v1.1 mod (GFO) for a first mod, especially since the Narwhal does work in it, like it was a stock game. GFO is a good way to get used to mods, besides being full of nice tweaks to the game. Be sure and read the ReadMe, because there are only certain other mods that work with it. It gives you a slightly tougher-than-stock play, and is much nicer looking. Then, you could copy the "Prisine Backup" again over into a third folder, and do the TMO2.5 and associated mods for the Narwhal. TMO is another step up in difficulty, but sure is fun too. That's about all that the Bonus Narwhal is compatible with right now, unless you're into some serious tweaking of files. We hope to have someone maybe trying to make it work in FotRSU sometime later...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote