View Single Post
Old 04-26-11, 08:57 AM   #104
Stiebler
Fuel Supplier

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 4

Many thanks, everyone, for this feedback.

After reading the majority opinion that the real problem was probably the depthcharge-disturbances mod, I played a long patrol in early 1944 with TDW_Ship_Plane_Fire_Damage_v1.4_SH3 mod in place, and the TDW_DC_waterdisturbance_V4.0_SH3 mod excluded.

After attacking three convoys and being bombed and depth-charged several times, and making repeated save-games, I was still able to reload successfully the last saved game after nearly three months at sea.

So those who blamed the TDW_DC_waterdisturbance_V4.0_SH3 mod were correct.

That means NYGM can still use TDW's fire damage mod, I am glad to say. I was always doubtful about the usefulness of the water-disturbance mod, after reading the comments of others, so that is less of a loss.

Just for the record, and from long experience, the following combinations of circumstances (no connexion with TDW's mods) continue to cause defective saved games that cannot be reloaded:
1. If two convoys spawn close to your U-boat at about the same time, then any game save made afterwards, wherever saved, will be corrupt.
2. Any game-save made after a convoy has spawned with Sergbuto's AI U-boats attached, will also be corrupt.

It is always safer not to make game-saves when any other unit is within 30 km.

Stiebler.

Stiebler.
Stiebler is offline   Reply With Quote