View Single Post
Old 01-20-17, 12:06 PM   #3552
torpedobait
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 397
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
CapnScurvy is working on the twin, and hopes to have a solution for the next version. It sounds like it might be at least a two-fold issue - crewing and equipment. We'll see.

As for the Recon missions, those have not been edited at all as of yet. The next beta release, we hope to have those completely disabled. They will be available at a later date as a Mod, after editing. If you choose a Narwhal, you are automatically put in the OPS flotilla, and you'll get about half of your missions as Insert, or Photo kind of missions. There are like 15 or 18 Photo missions, and a regular sub has a chance to get them also, especially that infamous Hiroshima on the 2nd patrol out of Pearl... The Inserts are staying for now... Just be aware that the camera button does not fully light up when it is enabled. You might notice, especially in a really dark envirnment, that it faintly lights up when you are "locked" on a valid target. It practically blinds you when you hover over it with the mouse. Also, the sound the camera button plays when pressed while locked on a valid target is not very loud either. Needless to say, it can be rather difficult to get "positive" feedback, and be aware that you mission might be complete (and again, CapnScurvy is working on this - but don't expect miracles).
This new info might help CapnScurvy: I reloaded the last save in the Office, and set out on the recon mission with two Twin 40's. I was able to personally test fire both guns just fine, but later in the mission as I approached Honshu, we were spotted by a Betty. I called for General Quarters and made sure the crew disposition had a gunner for each AA gun slot (there is only one slot available for each, as noted before). However, when I looked at the two guns from the bridge, there were NO visible crewmen manning the guns. At the point the Betty came into range, presumably when the "absent" crewmen opened fire, I got the CTD. My thinking is that it is definitely crew related, but that may not be all, since sometimes the test firing also results in a CTD, and other times it doesn't. Not pressing for a quick solution; just wanted to make the added info available. Thanks.

Run Silent, Run Deep, and Sink 'em All
torpedobait is offline   Reply With Quote