Originally Posted by Bramtyr
;20mm Twin loadout definition
[Equipment 2]
NodeName=M01
LinkName=20mmGBDouble
StartDate=19380101
EndDate=19451231
Loadout=20mm Twin

I did more experimenting around of what works and what doesnt.

Large and medium bunkers function, small bunkers are just an empty cupola and are non functioning. Replacing them with a 3-inch gun might be easy since the model exists? I dunno. The Large and Medium bunkers will fire upon japanese warships to at least 5000 meters in daylight conditions, but the warships only sometimes return fire. I need to double check if their return fire is even directed at the batteries or not. Since the warships seem to take a brutal pounding, the need for a light bunker might be a moot point- maybe use that as a smoke pot.

I am seeming to have no luck getting either the US fighter or US divebomber to attack japanese ships.

For using burning ships as a smokepot effect, i've had better luck dumping half a dozen smaller ships, dugboats and fishing trawlers with their internal cargo set up as 'fuel' onto land. The only problem is that the map is then covered with sunken ship icons, and i think the engine will clear them out once they are beyond visual range.
For your planes, obviously make sure they have a loadout, and set them to 'Elite', they will attack. I made a Bismark Sea battle which was mostly planes.

Using another gun will have to be checked out. I tried to substitute a gun in the AA and it crashed.

I thought of burning planes but they don't work, one fireball and that's it, and it won't work to simulate gun file explosions because they won't spawn within 20 miles.

Edit: I wonder if you could take funnel smoke from a ship make an object and place it on land? Or maybe attach it to the empty gun bunkers. Tried it, didn't work

woops I was busy experimenting forgot to thank you for the file, I appreciate it.

Peabody

System Spec: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3, PentiumD Dual Core Presler 945 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte Geforce 7600GS, 2-1GB Corsair XMS2 800Mhz in Dual Channel, 2-WD 250 SATA 3Gb/s, Onboard Realtek HD 7.1 Audio, DVD ROM, DVD burner, Hiper 580 Watt Power supply, WinXP SP2.

Last edited by peabody; 08-16-08 at 02:48 PM.
peabody is offline   Reply With Quote