View Single Post
Old 08-14-08, 02:46 PM   #1
Bramtyr
Sailor man

Downloads: 19
Uploads: 0
Default Wake Island Mission and some questions

Hi, i put out the plans to do a Wake Island mission (probably shoulda posted it here, but it included some modelling issues so i kept it in the main SH4 forum)

The post:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=140753

the issue:

So I started to play around with the mission editor to see how the AI would interact, and what would attack what, etc. Coastal defenses, bombers, torpedo planes for fun (they dropped their torpedos without the use of a mod... is that wierd?)

Some of the issues i found:
-the "Coastal AA batteries" regardless of weapon loadout are just an empty weapon mount and don't do anything... is there a mod to fix this?

-Originally I was able to place American gun batteries- light, medium or heavy, and they worked fine shooting at any enemy ships in range. Then at some point they couldn't be found in the editors roster, only Japanese gun batteries. If I exported the land units into a new map, all of the american gun batteries were automatically converted into AA emplacements. They seriously just vanished from being placed. Its really weird, and the existence of gun batteries is kinda essential to an accurate Wake Island map.

Coastal Bunkers don't do anything, but some Japanese Merchant ships would still shoot at them, and I observed a plane attempt to attack it. It would be fun to mod them so they started burning like a lit up fuel tank to simulate the island burning after attack from offshore.
Bramtyr is offline   Reply With Quote