View Single Post
Old 03-24-08, 03:47 AM   #777
Templar_4450th
Watch

Downloads: 31
Uploads: 0
Loving the new version... I finally got my first destroyer kill on my first patrol with 0.9

Was late at night, no moon, barely spotted the destroyer and charged in at flank. At about 1500m, launched both torpedos in a salvo. The first torpedo passed harmlessly behind the destroyer, but the second detonated directly underneath their screws

Needless to say, after the torpedo blew away the aft of their ship, they were angry...VERY angry. Got their spotlights on me and started firing with their dual cannon turrets, their first barrage hit the aft section of my boat, before I was able to take evasive action. Then I fully realized how bad the situation was... I spotted another destroyer that was following behind the one I torpedo'ed. That one started firing too, and with its third volley it hit the crew quarters. After that volley the spotlight finally lost it's fix on me...might have had something to do with the aft of their ship starting to disappear under the water!! :hmm:

Still wasn't out of the woods yet though, I was low on fuel and had flooding that I knew I wouldn't be able to stop. I kept the engine at flank as long as I could, trying to get my battered S-100 back to Cherbourg before the flooding overwhelmed the crew compartment. About 40km from port I reduced throttle to 1/3 and literally entered Cherbourg just as my chief let me know that we were out of fuel.

Only a 3800t patrol, but man was that fun...wish I was capturing video :rotfl:
Templar_4450th is offline   Reply With Quote