View Single Post
Old 04-25-18, 09:23 AM   #568
ThePrody
not dead yet

Downloads: 130
Uploads: 1

I did some editing to the amb_SubmarineInterior file .
The file is made up of two mono files, amb_SubmarineInterior1 and amb_SubmarineInterior2 merged together into a stereo file, both of them are found within the mod, one is more of an ambient sound , the other is with sound from Das Boot ( a very nice file except that after some time , many lines from the movie will begin to feel out of place ) .
Now, the ambient one has three small "errors" , especially annoying if you play with German voices . At some point some one is saying in English : " Stand-by to take a reading" , at some other point a quick "Easy!" and at some other point : " Easy, both planes zero " . Otherwise, there are no "clear" voices in the ambient file, only some faded background ones .
Since that was bothering me i edited those eight seconds out and i also edited them out of the main amb_SubmarineInterior file ( plus a minor 1 sec editing at the beginning ) , you can download the edited files from here (the Edited Thomsen file ) :

http://www.mediafire.com/folder/4f2g0kbgsbwt7/SH3

Now, i also did some other editing to the Das Boot file, i removed all the conversation that was out of place and i only left some minor stuff ( general background voices,whispers, nodding and stuff like that ) . I increased the length of the edited track by replaying some of its portions , it was needed in order for the file to have the same length as the other one, the more ambient one. At the end i merged both files into a stereo file , its basically the same as the original one from the main mod but without the "immersion-breaking" Das Boot portions of conversation, i'm quite happy with the result since the voices are non-obtrusive . If you are interested, you will find it in the same archive under the name NEWamb_SubmarineInterior , if you want to use it in your game just remove the NEW from the name and replace the one from your data/sound folder with this one .

Added to Subsim Downloads

Last edited by Onkel Neal; 04-29-18 at 07:50 AM. Reason: added link per request
ThePrody is offline   Reply With Quote