View Single Post
Old 03-16-10, 06:37 AM   #43
sergei
Sea Lord

Downloads: 405
Uploads: 29

Had a chance to test this last night. I am really liking what I am seeing.
Most merchants seem to take 2 torps, and go down in about 10 minutes.
Occasionally I will get a lucky hit, and take a merchant out with one. Must have hit a sweet spot, or maybe that torpedo happened to have the max damage combined with max radius applied. (They are both somewhat variable)
Occasionally two torpedoes will induce a considerable list, but the ship will hang on, and demand a third, or some DG action.
Very happy with the above. 2 torps per ship mostly, but occasionally 1 or 3. Seems about right.

Good work on the tankers.
Set up a single mission, 2 Rangers and 2 Cinnamons (Whatever they are called ).
1 of each was full of fuel, the other empty.

Ranger Full - 1 torpedo will do it every time!
Ranger Empty - About 8 out of 10 times, 1 torpedo seems to get 'em. The other 2 times it lists badly, but just hangs on.

Cinnamon Full - Every time I hit this sucker it goes up like a Christmas tree and breaks in two.
Cinnamon Empty - Have not managed to sink this using just 2 torpedoes. 2 will make it list real bad, but not sink. I have waited a few hours! Always requires a third, once it needed a fourth!

It was notoriously difficult to sink a tanker traveling in ballast, so the above seems right to me.

I read a lot on the forums about people having major headaches sinking tankers. Maybe this is a campaign problem, rather than a damage model problem. Maybe most of them are scripted to be travelling empty? If they are full, one shot should kill them every time. Just a thought.

Keep up the good work Arclight.
It is amazing what you have achieved just by tweaking the zones cfg.
sergei is offline   Reply With Quote