Thread: [WIP] Day of Infamy
View Single Post
Old 04-23-16, 08:26 AM   #221
torpedobait
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 397
Uploads: 0

I think you put your finger on it, Cap'n Scurvy. As much as I have loved SH4, and SH, SH2, and SH3 over the years, I have learned to add it as another compartment in my life. I try to limit time in game to an hour or so at night, although I have been known to blow a whole day on an interesting mission! I had no problem easing into retirement, because I developed many interests, including SH4, outside of my work (programming and program management). The variety keeps any one of them from getting stale, and me too, I think.

As for the younger programmers being able to sit for long hours, day after day, week after week, I did it without thinking about it. I loved the work and the challenges of solving the puzzles and putting solutions into practice. It felt good creating something still relevant today that may even outlive me.

But all that said, and as much as I am anticipating your product, no game is worth sacrificing your health. So work at your own pace as you see fit. We can wait. Just know that even your work to date is much appreciated. Thanks!

Run Silent, Run Deep, and Sink 'em All
torpedobait is offline   Reply With Quote