View Single Post
Old 03-08-10, 10:47 AM   #13
Gammelpreusse
Planesman

Downloads: 90
Uploads: 0

Hm, I did not encounter any longer lasting cut outs so far, the longst was like 5 minutes or so over the week end.

However, I get a lot of short time interruptions, thanks to a wobbly internet connection. Every now and then a "cant connect blablabla either press OK or wait until connection is reastablished blabla" message pops up.

It's not a game killer, but its puts a constant level of stress onto the expirience as a whole, there is no real sinking into an immersive environment simply because there is the expectation another interruption coming up again sooner or later.

The times of easy "start game and play on" are obviously over for UBI games, and though I was open enough to at least give the new system a chance, I fear if this problems does not get resolved, and I really don't want to go the pirate road, UBI games are dead for me in the future.

This must qualify as a typical case of "wishful thinking meets reality", "no plan survives enemy contact", or "the road to hell is paved with good intentions".

Smooth and uninterrupted gameplay at least is not guaranteed anymore.
Gammelpreusse is offline   Reply With Quote