View Single Post
Old 04-24-09, 05:05 PM   #17
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Steve View Post
It would be nice, and could be done with the proper development, but SH4 doesn't do it at present. I'll end up with two installs anyway, just because GWX is so big and changes so much that GWX4 will almost certainly not be JSGME-friendly.

"Well, I think I'll play German today. GWX should take about half an hour to load up, so I'll just make some lunch while I'm waiting."
from what ive seen in how the game works (and i still dont understand most of it lol) theres not much dual use you can get from the files so i would bet that gwx4 will basically gut the game and clone all the files to switch to the german side. if i were to attempt something like that i would remove all fleetboat content and start converting all the game control files to uboats only. that way you wont slow the game down with 4 gb of unused stuff. i could imagine instructions like "delete the entire data folder and install the gwx4 data folder" lol.

its like they threw a uboat or 2 into the game but there really isnt much that isnt all for fleet boats only.