View Single Post
Old 08-15-07, 01:22 PM   #77
minsc_tdp
XO

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Wow! Looks like you've been real busy while I've been gone on vacation.
Welcome back! Where'd you go?

Quote:
I was using version 1.0. Do I need to run the "install.bat" again, or should I be able to just start running the program like I did the previous version?
It should just run without reinstalling. The install.bat hasn't changed much, other than to help people get it installed who were having trouble. Worst case you could always run install.bat again, it won't hurt anything (including your CSVs) to repeat the install.

Since there have been so many changes, I'd advise you to read the readme all the way through again, I've injected lots of little changes throughout.

Quote:
Also, do I understand the heirarchy of the file structure correctly, such that the voice_commands.csv is really the key/controlling file, in that if I don't want or need a bunch of the new button-bar or TM-related commands I can leave them in the other .csv files and they'll just be ignored if I don't put any triggering voice commands into the voice_commands.csv file that use or refer to them (as long as I don't create any conflicts by what I put into the voice_commands.csv file)? I've already customized my voice_commands.csv file so heavily from version 1.0 that I'm thinking I might be better off just pasting in a few of the cool new things (like the tubes stuff) into my old file rather than start over customizing the new one (but I'm still poking around in the new files checking out all the cool new stuff, so that might change).
If there's no entry in voice commands with an ID that matches one of the other files, it is essentially ignored. It is still loaded into memory, but we're talking such small amounts here that it doesn't matter.

The upcoming version moves the various types of commands into many different CSV files: Keys, SetVar, Tubes, Commandbar, Dials. They're all basically the same format but split up just to help organization.

It'll be a bit of a pain to merge your changes, so to make it easy, you should go through your changes to the files and make a note of which rows have changed or are new. All columns to the right of the last one I use are ignored so you can add notes like the "Trigger Maru" notes you see I put in. Then you can sort by this column, and it'll group all of your customizations together for easy copypasting.

I'm working pretty hard on the Dials stuff to get precise depth, heading, and speed control in. If I get it working, it should work very well, and be very easy to add definitions to cover other resolutions. I think it will be a few days at best before I get this released, though I'm going to push for tonight.