Old 09-22-17, 03:33 AM   #13
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aktungbby View Post

< when I'm short on dinaro-it's screwtop:
But as soon as my social security check arrives I move back up to 'three buck chuck', the mainstay of Trader Joes stores;...

"Three Buck Chuck?!?" The last I heard of TJ's wine it was "Two
Buck Chuck; it seem inflation has gotten the better of even the most modest of pleasures...

I don't drink wine since I have a tendency to develop roaring headaches while I'm drinking it, even in modest amounts, sometime with less than a full glass; my past oenophile acquaintances have told me it my be due to a reaction to the various phosphor compounds found in wine. As time has progressed, I have had to give up drinking hard liquor (done about twenty-odd years ago) due to internal concerns and now find myself even bereft of beer since the young doctors who seem intent on prolonging my life (something they may have to answer for, someday) have placed me on various medications, some of which have very dire warnings about mixing them with anything alcoholic. I don't know what is worse: not being able to down a few pints or having to possibly face the rest of my life without the means to occasionally dull tedium...

In this great cork vs. cap debate, where do box wines fit: they tend to have neither, just a spout or spigot?...

<O>