View Single Post
Old 11-03-10, 07:50 AM   #394
Dignan
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 262
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCIP View Post
Well, the scope bearing is always precise. Otherwise, while this might initially seem 'unscientific' and bad, if you think about it - the general margin of error when measuring AoB, range and speed manually is much greater than the precision limitations of the instruments. As you use manual targeting, you will find that if you set up an attack correctly, what will really matter is a good ballpark estimates you can quickly adjust rather than perfect solutions, and learn to distrust these solutions when they seem a bit too perfect. This is because once you get in the flow of this mod, you will learn that the real solutions should always be in your head. And that half the solution has nothing to do with the TDC - it's how you position yourself. There are always tricks you can play and parts to solutions you don't even need - the fact is that manual TDC allows for a lot of flexibility and variety in methods and approaches, and it's that flexibility that is what you really want, not super-accurate dials. And I say that having managed some bloody impressive shots with this after some practice

Not at all. You can still do it with the usual keys.

Ah yes, the periscope key commands. Forgot about that. Thanks. I really like the ability to "fine tune" periscope exposure in a uboat. Can't do that in a Fleet boat.

So complete accurate entering of data in the TDC is not possible. I seem to have medium to good success so far using the dials on the attack map. I just find myself wishing I could enter in the exact range. I'll keep working at it until I get fully comfortable. Thanks for the response.

Forensicman. OP MONSUN OMEGA Patch 7 has a file that changes the dial labels to english.

I use 1440xsomething resolution and my scope view seems fine. Try different ones until you find one that looks right.
Dignan is offline   Reply With Quote