View Single Post
Old 07-15-13, 09:51 AM   #2114
geoguy
Nub

Downloads: 37
Uploads: 0
Default Sorry, but I'm confused

Hello,
I'm completely new to SH5 modding (and SH5 in general, but I have played SH3 quite extensively). Anyway, I was told that SH5 was just great with Sober's mod compilation so I figured I give it a try. However, I'm confused now. I couldn't really figure out the sequence of installing things from the first few posts. I found Singed's post on page 102 which already helped, but there's still a few things left I do not understand. Any help would be highly appreciated

Here's what I did so far:
- I downloaded the mod compilation from the bonus mods section
- I downloaded the Generic Patcher and Sober's .gps snapshot file
- I used JSGME and Sober's .med file to identify missing mods, downloaded them and put them into the MODS folder

Now, I have a few specific questions:
1) Do I have to unzip the mods contained within the Generic Patcher download into my MODS folder? I guess so, since the torpedo patches listed in Sober's mod list have to be present for activation with JSGME, right? I found several tutorials on the Generic Patcher, but they seemed to apply to different versions (some had to be activated using JSGME, the newer ones apparently not), and I am not quite sure I understand how the current version has to be used.

2) When exactly do I activate the mods in JSGME using Sober's .med file? Do I have to skip the tutorial and create a save game in the bunker first for this snorkel mod to work?

3) When do I use the generic patcher? Prior to mod activation in JSGME?

4) The mod "Sjizzle's - Charts for NewUIs TDC ByTheDarkWraith 27.05.2013" as per the OP does not exist anymore. Can I just use the newer version (part 1 through 3) from the respective thread and insert the new version's folder names into the .med file using notepad?

Apologies for the (probably) stupid questions, but I just spent half a day reading this thread and others trying to figure it out by myself... and I obviously failed

Cheers!
geoguy is offline   Reply With Quote