View Single Post
Old 08-17-12, 06:57 AM   #85
BigWalleye
Sea Lord

Downloads: 465
Uploads: 0

Since you imply that you are not in the US, you are perhaps unfamiliar with how things work here.

First of all, if you are a bona-fide student, getting someone else to buy you a student copy and then resell it is OK, but unnecessary. You could buy your own. If you do not qualify for the discount price, but buy from someone who is, then you are knowingly buying something which the seller has no right to sell.

Here's a quote from the Amazon webpage for Adobe CS6 Student Edition (first thing I could find):

"Please note: Adobe Student & Teacher Edition products are for students and educators only. If you (or the person you are buying the product for) are a student or educator, you may use any Adobe Student Edition product...."

If you would be comfortable purchasing a copy of MS Office for $50 with no registration or authentication - in other words, an obvious pirate copy - then what you are doing shouldn't cause you any concern. Personally, as an ex-software developer, I do not support piracy, but your ethics are your business. I just want ensure that you make an informed choice.
BigWalleye is offline   Reply With Quote