Thread: [REL] FOTRS Ultimate Project
View Single Post
Old 08-22-16, 11:33 AM   #1488
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Downloads: 474
Uploads: 64

This image shows that the ships have been misplaced (for some reason) in the mission that their in. The Latitude/Longitude figures may have been slightly changed in the .mis file for the two ships. That's easily done when using Notepad to edit a .mis file.....just a couple of numbers off and the ship is sitting on dry land. Either that, or its due to the following Random Spawn Radius.

Quote:
in 15 attempts now I have only encountered it 3 times - perhaps it is a video glitch,
No not really, the game randomly puts ships into play each time you play the same mission. If you set the mission to spawn the asset randomly in its position, it not only may appear some times (and others not at all), it will place the spawn position differently too (within a given radius). I use the very first Campaign mission from Pearl, Dec. 8th 1941 often for tests. I'll start "at sea" usually. Not every time will the same T3 tanker appear near the shore, left of the harbor entrance. That's just how the game keeps the missions from getting stale. I'm guessing the random spawn radius parameter has been enabled for those ships in this mission file. It's not good to have a ship sitting near land, yet have the Random Spawn Radius parameter enabled.

I don't know what happened to me the other night, but I was on what I thought was my last test of what I've been working on with adding planes; the Add-on ships from the google site; and the Emulate Sound file; when I had such a hard CTD that my only way out of it was to use the reset button for the computer.

Guess I'll have to wait on adding my stuff for a bit longer before putting it out for testing by others. I don't want anyone having this happen to them.

The HMS Shannon vs. USS Chesapeake outside Boston Harbor June 1, 1813

USS Chesapeake Captain James Lawrence lay mortally wounded...
Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"
CapnScurvy is offline   Reply With Quote