View Single Post
Old 02-14-06, 04:05 PM   #10
Amizaur
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellman

Everything works fine if you step in before the torp activates at RTE range. However I have problems with control
and this is exactly what I counted on ;-) that you'll help me find bugs in this rountines

Quote:
Now this may be down to my technique but
I have followed Amis instructions both with the one sec button selection delay and the order in which
the buttons are pressed.
I should write not "one second" but "one game frame" instead. It's sometime a little longer than a second. Just click once, and wait untill next game cycle (for example torpedo enables going red in case of enable). Then you can click next time. It usually takes about second and it's easily visible that something moved on the screen and game's clock "ticked"

Quote:
When the torp reaches RTE it activates but stays at Launch depth.
1st push of Preenable - Torp goes to Search depth.
There was missing command in fact, fixed !

Quote:
Speed Reduction:-
At Ceiling depth at 55 knts order 40 by pushing Preenable then Enable then preenable (as per instructions)
torp slows to 40 and dives to Launch depth.
Can't recreate this. Have 55kts torp at ceiling and after slowing down with enable/preenable it stays on ceiling. I would say that you waited too short after enable, but then torpedo wouldn't slow down to 40kts... if it slowed down then it was in fact enabled. anyway I can't recreate this, could you confirm this and post exact steps to reproduce from the point torpedo is in the tube ?

Quote:
Speed increase:-
At ceiling depth at 40 knts. order 55 knts by pushing Enable, then Preenable the torp stays
at the same speed with no depth change.
To order 55kts you have to enable torp in active mode, so use enable button twice (with one game frame between), not once. I have to update the readme to mention that. You remember - first enable is always passive, 40kts, only second is active 55kts. So to speed up, enable in active, then preenable.
Amizaur is offline   Reply With Quote