View Single Post
Old 11-10-18, 04:20 PM   #23
Sub187
Watch

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 0

@Penner10000: Oh that wasn't because of your system, the game is stuck on 15 fps even if you have a supercomputer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk66 View Post
the reviews are mixed...anybody played it here already and can give feedback ?
I refunded it after the first hour, it really is that dreadful. A few notes I wanted to share , rather than wasting everybody's time doing a full review:

- The Kursk is more of a background prop for a spy story, rather than being the actual subject of the game

- The game is basically software technology from the early 2000s updated with graphics from the mid-2000s

- The writing is best summarised as "what if James Bond was written by a 12-year old". It is cringeworthly bad and at times I actually felt uncomfortable playing the game.

- The clickboxes are terrible. You have to stand in a very specific way to interact with an object. This problem is exerberated by the dodgy walking mechanics (it seems the floor is made up of points, and by "walking" you just go from point A to point B, like it was in the early 1990's)

- The facial animations are hilarious, and by far the best thing about this game. Every time the face of an NPC came into view I chuckled.

I really wanted to like this game, since it looked so promising and it IS a submarine game, but it is one of those games you'll have to avoid at all costs. Especially if you're interested in the real story of the people that were onboard the Kursk
Sub187 is offline   Reply With Quote