View Single Post
Old 09-05-13, 10:15 AM   #65
sublynx
Sea Lord

Location: In the conning tower of my VIIC scanning the sea through the periscope
Downloads: 173
Uploads: 7
Default Charts addon 1.4. Beta

I've been working on some new charts and decided to release what I've done so far as a beta version:

http://www.2shared.com/file/ATXdPdU5...n_14_Beta.html

Here's some screenies:

I decided to change the mission orders page (F8) and it looks like this now.

As more and more of ships have been added to SH3 it becomes more important to assess the ship's length and height even if one does not actually recognize it. Here's a German war time way of typolozizing ships, which helps in the assessment.

More info on this:
http://www.uboatarchive.net/KTBNotesGroener.htm

I've compressed the essential info from Raduz's Hydrophone hunting tutorial to one chart. This helps in assessing ranges and ship types by sound.

KLH made an excellent manual on how to use Hitman's attack disc. I've made some of those examples into charts like this.

The UZO in MaGui F does not have a stadimeter or RAOBF rings for range assessment. I've made a slideout chart to the UZO that gives the ranges at different reticle mils. Now you can use this chart instead of asking the watch officer for his range assessment.

The US Navy released a Maneuvering board manual in 1941. I've made some of the most interesting cases into charts. Here's the description of case 14.

Here's the example picture of case 14.

As you can see the charts are mostly educational. These are something I am myself currently using while playing. If I find them useful I might keep them in the mod.

The beta does not have an up-to-date doc on how to install it. The beta is JSGME ready for those players who use NYGM AND MaGui F. It also works for GWX and MaGui F.

Other people have to edit the mod in their games. I doubt many players will opt to do this as it's a big job. Somebody who knows how to use WinMerge and H.Sie's renumbering tool might try.

If you don't like some chart just delete the tga. At least my system does not CTD if I do this. It's sloppy but I do think that the sloppiness does not slow the game down in a noticeable way. You can of course edit menu_1024_768.ini if you want to do it properly.

Let me know if you don't like my decision to take the Mission Orders page out and change it into a chart room. I'm also open to suggestions what kind of charts you might find useful.
sublynx is offline   Reply With Quote