View Single Post
Old 05-13-11, 04:27 PM   #12
Anthony W.
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 130
Uploads: 0

Some of my SH4 dreams are downright terrifying and actually haunt me into the day.

I had a dream that I was in 300ft of water being depth charged, flooding. I took it down and sat her on the seabed because I figured I was going to end up there eventually - I might as well do it on my terms, and maybe set it down without breaking anything. They kept depth charging me for hours while I sat there on the bottom. Finally they left. I was low on oxygen and by that point it was mid morning - and all day all night depth charging. I was too heavily flooded to lift myself off the bottom, rather I told my crew to secure every loose object and stand against the forward wall of the bulkhead. Then I ordered full reverse and a blow of all ballast and trim tanks. I came to surface with my rear end up in the air. My conning tower was still under water, so I couldn't evacuate, but it bought my damage control team enough time to start pumping water out. Eventually I leveled off, but everyone originally stationed in the fore torpedo room was dead, and I had to carry the bodies out through the conning tower for a burial at sea.

I bolted up when my alarm clock rang. I was shaking for the next 4 hours.

Proud Ford Mustang owner

"Damn the torpedoes! Full speed ahead!" - Admiral David Farragut

Run silent - run deep - keep the baffles clear - targets front and center.

Private pilot and history buff
Anthony W. is offline   Reply With Quote