Old 03-15-08, 08:58 PM   #2
peabody
Admiral

Downloads: 126
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by fvd
Hi,

I'm making a new mission (hope to share it with you in a couple of days).
But i need some explaining about triggers.
I made a map zone, once you enter this zone you should receive a radio message.
The window of the trigger for this message has got some options i don't understand and don't find any info about.
-Area Presence: here you can choose between "NotContinuous" and "Continuous"
What is this?
And second:
-Patrol time (min): here you can enter a value in minutes.

I assume it has something to do with the mapzone, but what exactly?

Thanks already!
Regards,
fvd
Apparently you set the zone up as a Patrol Area? If you only wanted to set up to recieve a message, I think it should have been "enter Zone". But I am new to this. Anyway if you meant to set it as a Patrol Area then the player must stay in the zone for "Patrol time" minutes for it to be a complete mission. If they leave before the time you set, the mission is incomplete.

I think the Continuous means if the player leaves the zone, which they won't know how big it is unless your message tells them, the time will start over when the re-enter the zone. I think by not continuous, they can leave to chase a bad guy and when they come back only have to finish the amount of time left. for example if you set 60 minutes and in 59 minutes I leave to attack a merchant, when I re-enter the zone I only have to do 1 more minute to complete the mission. But on continuous I would have to do 60 minutes over again. If I leave before the 60 minutes and don't come back the mission is incomplete.

That's the way I understand it but that doesn't make it right.

I'm working on a mission right now which I don't think will ever work the way I want it to, so good luck with yours.

Peabody

System Spec: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3, PentiumD Dual Core Presler 945 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte Geforce 7600GS, 2-1GB Corsair XMS2 800Mhz in Dual Channel, 2-WD 250 SATA 3Gb/s, Onboard Realtek HD 7.1 Audio, DVD ROM, DVD burner, Hiper 580 Watt Power supply, WinXP SP2.

peabody is offline   Reply With Quote