View Single Post
Old 03-02-08, 05:56 AM   #204
Siara
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Wow - a sticky! Thanks guys - didnt even know one need 15000 views for one. It was never my aim to get that thread the sticky status. Nevertheless its a honour - thank You for reading it regularly.

Back to model.
I was aware sooner or later i need to paint the 552 , and mixing the colors was out of question. More than few people tried to get the colors right. Question is whats right?
I decided to go along the tried and trusted , and just ordered the full set of WEM paints.
White Ensign Models/WEM/ sell the renge of model paints , produced using original chips of paints from real subs and ships. The chips were "strip down" in laboratory to reproduce similar colors.
I trust the experts on that one , and who`s there to argue on the base of few faded , badly lit fotographs of real boats. We can never gues what real colors were , as the salt water , sunshine , and just plain ageing of paints did change its appearance a lot.
So as i said its just the guesswork , and hopefuly the WEM paints are going to give me the base to work from for the weathering progress.

TBC...

Master Models
Siara is offline   Reply With Quote