View Single Post
Old 01-16-11, 08:00 PM   #9
Arael
Planesman

Downloads: 94
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkbit View Post
That is really a shame to hear. Bastards!

Thanks for the pictures you got though.

It's worse than you think. They have the gall to say you can't photograph in the sub because "it's a war memorial" just before they run you through an "interactive experience" that's barely one step above a carnival ride. After the "No photos because this boat is a memorial to those who died," the tour starts with them turning off the lights and starting to play background noise so you can "feel what it was like to be on a U-boat." From that point, you're rushed through the submarine because the entire tour is time-based, and if you're not in the control room at the right moment the "experience" will continue without you. Finally, you get to the diesel engine room and they basically kick you out of the submarine to make room for the next tour group.

So.... yeah. In my opinion they have no right to say you can't take pictures inside when they've pretty much destroyed whatever dignity the submarine still had with their "U-boat experience." That I had to spend 8 dollars to get rushed through without a chance to actually explore the submarine was just the final insult.

Don't get me wrong, I liked seeing the U-505 and being on board, but the manner in which the tour was conducted left a bitter taste in my mouth. The last surviving intact Type IX should be treated better then a carnival attraction.
Arael is offline   Reply With Quote