View Single Post
Old 03-13-17, 07:40 AM   #4198
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Downloads: 474
Uploads: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by gutted View Post
I made it for SH5. But i just tested it with my FOTRSU SH4 install and it worked fine. What error message are you getting?

Note: If you do you use it, i recommend against using the comma delimited format for importing into excel. There's a bug that some of the ships have commas instead of decimal points (as seen below) and it will totally screw up the comma delimiting. It was a very hastily thrown together program for a specific need i had at the time. I'll have to look and see if i still have the source code to fix it.

When I ran it I had tried both, the "Pretty" and "Comma Delimited" at different times. Actually, I did not get an error message (sorry for saying so) but it didn't do anything either after 10 minutes! I'll admit I was wondering about it, so I ran the "Task Manager" and it showed ShipDataFetcher was still "running". I let it go for another 5 minutes...still nothing, so I closed out of it thinking this thing must be in error, "hung" up. Maybe I needed the program to run for 20 minutes?

Let me ask you, the program just needs to have the path to the "main" SH4 game folder listed.....correct? That's with a mod like FOTRS Ultimate activated to the game....correct?

It's giving you the ships .cfg file information? Or, the ships .sim information?
This is important, since the .cfg file info pretty much is only used for the Recognition Manual (except for the Mast=, its used to calculate the Stadimeter found range); the .sim info is the true figures used in-game to have a model do what it does. Sometimes the two aren't the same due to the same error of having a comma where a decimal point should be. Somebody messed up.

=======

If those comma errors are still in FOTRSU we will get them out!

The HMS Shannon vs. USS Chesapeake outside Boston Harbor June 1, 1813

USS Chesapeake Captain James Lawrence lay mortally wounded...
Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"
CapnScurvy is offline   Reply With Quote