View Single Post
Old 08-30-14, 05:06 AM   #210
Splinter48708
Watch

Downloads: 6
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meeneemoo_14 View Post
Yeah I've seen your video Splinter, that poor carrier hit by a torpedo and turned into semi skeleton. that is the effect of fall of the rising sun mod? how about that ghost ship?Iv'e seen that a couple of times at luzon strait that's my mission today to patrol and as what you have said.. It can be rammed, hit by a torp or hit by a missile... is there any method to kill this ghost ship? or leave it and get out of there...
That's one of the effects of that mod. "Realistic damage" and supposed to be realistic sinking, meaning that the incredible damage would sink that one in minutes and leave the other three to sink slower. The actual time of the video was closer to 16 minutes, but, the video render program had some issues and kept crashing. Suffice it to say that all four vessels sank at about the same time.

And the "ghost ship" is in a couple of scenerios. It's a Yama****a Freighter and whatever I try, fails. There's no collision routine for it, apparently since it cannot be hit. Torpodoes to straigh through, shelling has no effect and ramming it also is ignored, so the only option is to flip it the finger, tell it to bite my glorious golden tuchus and leave.

At least that's better then when I try to sink a Fuso battleship...that gives me a Crash to Desktop. Tends to ruin my day. I can sink other battleships without a problem, but, soon as the game knows that a Fuso is supposed to sink, I get the finger and the bite me line. But, that's for another thread, as I do not wish to hijack this one.

(I see the board owners have filters set up...*sigh*)
Splinter48708 is offline   Reply With Quote