View Single Post
Old 02-03-16, 12:05 PM   #1
woodenboat
Mate

Downloads: 5
Uploads: 0
Default Contact Reports - What do I do with them?

I notice that I often spend quite a bit of time patrolling areas where there seems to be no shipping. It's just like going fishing. My fishing buddies will often tell me about how many fish they caught and where on the lake they were catching them. I will reply that I will just come down to the lake and put a stop to that!! Haha.

So when I'm patrolling an area trying to find enemy shipping, I usually will compress the time so that my wait times are less burdensome. But then I keep getting these contact reports that always set my time compression back to one. Are these contact reports something that I can use? Or are they just a darned source of constant annoyance?

I find myself constantly doing a tap dance on the + key to keep speeding up the time compression. Invariable, just when I need it the most, I'll inadvertently do a tap dance on the enter key just below the + key thinking that I have the correct key and I will fire off all six of my forward torpedoes. OMG I HATE IT WHEN THAT HAPPENS!!

So how are we supposed to use these contact reports when they give the longitude and latitude of a convoy sighted? I have tried to plot courses to these sightings using the longitude and latitude markings on the map and by estimating the enemy's trajectory. But I have yet to be successful at this. I will be making mad dashes across sections of the ocean only to learn that I've been chasing ghosts.

If these contact reports are no good, is there anyway to disable them?

I suppose all of this also applies to radio messages. Often, when I'm waiting to cross large expanses of ocean, I'll be reading my radio messages and it would be nice if I knew how to capitalize on this info.

Last edited by woodenboat; 02-03-16 at 12:14 PM.
woodenboat is offline   Reply With Quote