View Single Post
Old 05-23-15, 07:55 AM   #32
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Downloads: 474
Uploads: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman
A full slide out TDC instead of the attack tool has always been my dream. I would turn the attack tool exclusively into a high res periscope range dial (Leave only that part) and have a full TDC that allows setting speed and AOb directly. The KiUB allows that, and it should be possible to do a similar thing for the US side.

Sadly it will be a ton of work. But worth it!

If that slide out TDC could be used from the radar station, that would be amazing, but I'm afraid you can only link it to the periscope station interface, not to the main bar.
Hi Hitman, it's been a long time!! Hope you're doing well.

Guys, Hitman has forgotten more than I will ever know regarding the game. It's some of his work that prompted me to make the changes I did to the Radar in OTC. Modding takes an idea.....someone taking a few steps towards making the idea a reality.....then others coming along and making changes to it....all with the hope of making something better, more useful. My hat's off to you!!

Yes, what you've described is what I'm going to try. KiUB is a big influence for the project......with a different look.

Your right about the Radar screen compared to the Attack Periscope screen.....two different animals there. One 3D modeled, the other 2D with completely different components.....capabilities. Since no one has ventured into making game engine changes, were stuck with what's been given us.

==========

Longknife, I'm interested in whatever you come up with!! I'm guessing les_green01 would too!

The HMS Shannon vs. USS Chesapeake outside Boston Harbor June 1, 1813

USS Chesapeake Captain James Lawrence lay mortally wounded...
Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"
CapnScurvy is offline   Reply With Quote