Old 03-16-09, 10:56 AM   #69
goldorak
Admiral

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Nichols
Glitch report:

Okay, after playing around all weekend with my new rig, I've found two glitches that I'd like to resolve.

1. When I select 'shutdown' in Vista (shutdown, not sleep), the computer powers down and then immediately re-boots. I've found some leads via Google on what the cause may be, starting with updating my Bios.
Be careful when updating the bios. Don't ever do it from within windows. And most importantly be sure to have an ups because you never want the electricity to go out during those 30 critical seconds when you are updating the bios.

Quote:
2. Loaded Call of Duty 4 last night. When trying to start the game, I get a message that says 'Cannot find DVD Drive' or something like that. Again, researching on Google gave me some leads (concerning the RealTek on board audio), but no joy there. I finally "solved" my problem by downloading a No-CD hack but that isn't a very satisfying fix.

Any suggestions are welcome!

Wellcome to reality, where software houses and publishers will punish you for being honest. You have 2 alternatives to make COD4 work, either buy another dvd-rom drive and hope that the copyprotection is supported on that drive or use a no-cd.
This is one of those instances were using a no-cd actually makes sense.
goldorak is offline   Reply With Quote