View Single Post
Old 01-10-08, 12:12 PM   #6
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90
Uploads: 0

We just received the decking. Only the bow needs the new wood that is completely gone. Apparently the wood is as good as teak or better. I understand it will last over 100 years untreaded. The measuring and cutting started over two weeks ago. We wait for spring and warm weather as we need to get under the superstructure to install.

The Torsk's radioroom is fully functional and registered number with FCC or whoever messes with that. I do not spend much time in there really.

As far as the Trout, I will be going with deep pockets if we get the chance!

Well, pick a project and complete it to the end. That is my motto and it works. There are many projects started by others that they started something else and on it goes. My first project was installing the O2 tanks in each compartment. This project started over 5 years ago. I volunteered at the Torsk just under a year ago. Ah, so these tanks been sitting in the aft torp room for how long???? So, I had 5 left to finish what was started a long time ago. It is done, all the tanks up where they belong. I move on to the next project to complete. Currently the others are starting finishing the projects so it is coming along.