View Single Post
Old 05-09-12, 12:59 PM   #4
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

As I see it, as I counted it, and as I posted it over the past two years or so, Sarkozy pulled Merkel over the table multiple times as often than Merkel pulled him. Merkel almost always arrived to summits with maximum determination (claimed) to not move, and then returned home with a lousy compromise that in the aftermath got softened up and watered down even more.

Merkel is a hero of claims, not maintained detemrination.

Mind you, I think Germany is the only country in Germany that even has it written in its constitution that national identoty finally should become obsolete when Germany has fully dissolved into a "Europe". And this in a place where no other nation and its people share such suicidal, self-deconstructing sentiments!

Germans' big archilles heel is their romanticising, which you also see in the era that was called the German "Romantik". An unlimited wallowing in inner sntiments and heart-yearning emotions - under exolcit ignorrence for reality. It makes Germans at times empathic beyond self-denial. On others it makes them loyal like robots. It can show in a great sense for social responsibility. And in Nibelungentreue.

It'S the most dangerous trait you can identify in German character: romanticising. Cold-blooded Vulkans like me immediately are completely alarmed when it starts moving.