Thread: [REL] Squid launcher
View Single Post
Old 10-01-16, 07:01 PM   #102
the_frog
Commander

Downloads: 17
Uploads: 0

I do not know if that may help but I did some side-rolling single DC racks for Alex's Harbour Defense Motor Launch (HDML) and an additional two-DC variant for the Bathursts. They work well as long as the parent ship does pass over the target submarine. The HDML is rather reluctant to do so; the Bathursts do easily.

The reason?

The Bathurst has a mass/displacement larger than 750 t (as defined in *.sim file). At a mass of less than 750 t the attacking vessel will not pass over the sub, probably because of some parameter in the collision avoidance routine or whatsoever.

My best guess to make the Squid work would be to use the K-gun controller (use 3 for one Squid, one for each of the Squid's barrels) and make the controller assume that the firing ship is passing over the sub 250 m ahead.
Could we achieve that by extentding the ship's binding box? Or is the K-gun firing linked to the position of the hydrophone/ASDIC node?

I do not have SH3 on the notebook I use while travelling, otherwise I would start tests.