View Single Post
Old 12-09-15, 08:37 AM   #57
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimislander View Post
I would rather see you tech guys produce DVD's for GWX and LSH3 with all the bugs removed. I would gladly buy one or both
That isn't possible, as swdw just laid out in non-specific detail.

One thing about SH3/GWX that drove me to SH4 was that in that game, if you dare save submerged, within range of any contacts, within x miles of shore, not facing Mecca, whatever, you would get a corrupted save and lose your entire career. The longer you go never forgetting this, the more certain that your next save is going to be done in a hurry and there goes your three earth month long career.

You can fix GWX till the cows come home (the original crew did just that) and you can never touch the deal killer bug. It is contained within the untouchable executable files of the game. Unless and until Ubi releases the game code itself for modification, a fix is impossible.

As the Krazyfrenchman revolt days over at Ubi forums showed, Ubi is not a company which allows the wishes of its customers get in the way of doing whatever it wants. The things they do well, and which make them obscene amounts of money are not simulations. They have what they consider are larger fish to fry but still have no advantage to surrendering control of their intellectual property in releasing SH3 and SH4 game code.

With Ubi it's all about the money. The reason they produce games is money, not the love of games, not the creative release, not pride of accomplishment, just the inflow of lots of cash. What produces the cash they will do. What doesn't (simulations) they will walk away from without regard for the people who play it.
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote