View Single Post
Old 03-25-17, 10:44 AM   #1333
silent771
Nub

Downloads: 5
Uploads: 0
Default Ghost Ships?

Hey, I recently downloaded and installed the NYGM mod package through step 8 and have been having a blast. However upon stalking an M13B class merchant ship (I saved upon initial approach) off the southern English Coast I tried to put a torpedo into it. I have the event box open since as this is my first career playthru on the mod and I've been off SH3 for a while didn't wana dive into full realism yet till I see how much harder the mod is. The torpedo looked like it went straight through the damn ship oddly enough. Baffled, I closed in and decided this was a job for the deck gun. at 1500 meters I was starting to be sure my shots were going through it. at 100 meters I was unamusingly able to see the splashes as they literally were hitting the water after passing through it. So then I sailed my ship right through the damn thing. Mind you my stealth meter was red soon as I opened fire with the deck gun and it even gave me the "Enemy ship engaging us!" message.

Is this a known issue or is there a fix?
=/ I'd hate to have such an amazing seeming mod packages immersion shattered by such a thing. Rest of the mod worked great this is my 2nd patrol first patrol I scored 12 kills all of different types of ships and hadn't ran into this problem yet.

Thanks!
-silent
silent771 is offline   Reply With Quote