View Single Post
Old 01-19-15, 01:19 AM   #70
Red October1984
Airplane Nerd

Downloads: 115
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealhead View Post
I hope that Saleen focus is awd other wise might be a hairy drive.
The Saleen S121 actually has a less powerful engine and one less gear than my SVT. Instead of the far superior Zetec, they went for the 2.0L Duratec.

My factory tuned Zetec puts out 170HP while the base S121 puts out (I find contradicting numbers on various websites for the S121) between 140 and 160HP. The S121 N20 model comes with a nitrous system that comes on at 3000 RPM and shuts off 200 before the redline. That one puts out 225...but in short bursts and it's another tank of gas to fill.

So really, the SVT is a better car performance wise...it has more potential.

I've never been a fan of that Duratec engine. My old Focus had the Split Port Injection engine which has a bad rep among the Focus enthusiasts. I knew I wasn't going to smoke any Hondas in that old Focus...I never ran it too hard.

So far, I like the way the Zetec runs though. The SVT/Cosworth Zetec is great, IMHO.

I've beat a Honda or two.

Now, if you want to talk AWD....the next Focus RS is heavily rumored to be AWD with a turbo Ecoboost putting out ~350 HP. It's supposed to be revealed very soon. I can't wait. They're actually selling them in the US this time. The Mk1 and Mk2 RS were Euro only.

Quote:
Now a German car not likely to be found on anyones dream car list would be the early 80's VW Scirrico. What a crap car horrible electrical system. A buddy had one it seemed to always fail at the worst times.
Sounds like my Dad's old '93 GMC Sierra he used to have. He sold it for like 600$ a couple years ago. Every moving part was replaced at least twice. There was a full engine/transmission swap at one point. He only got rid of the thing when he finally cracked a piston on the second engine.

He got a 2006 Sierra after that and it runs pretty solid with the exception of the gas gauge being stuck on half a tank. I personally hate driving it because I'm used to driving a small car that can zip in and out of parking spots. When I drive a truck, I have all this unnecessary size and weight...they're just not my thing.

This makes me stick out a bit in a place run by hillbillies that put half a million miles on their 7.3 turbodiesel Fords...

Quote:
Now a fairly good but often overlooked German car is the Porsche 924\944 series (I'll personally fire bomb anyone who calls it "porsh" its not a part of your house).
I'll give it to Porsche. They make very good track cars. I've just never been a huge fan. Same with Ferrari. They make these great amazing cars...but I've just never been a huge fan. I do really like the Enzo...but the 458 is the one you hear about nowadays.