View Single Post
Old 05-27-10, 05:30 AM   #34
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wreford-Brown View Post
If you're using the random folder function then you could place the whole Q-ship mod into 25 of your 100 folders. It wouldn't solve the problem of sometimes seeing multiple Q-ships in a single patrol but it would mean that you'd only see one on average every fourth patrol.

@jimbuna - may we have permission to use your Q-ship mod to create a randomisation effect so there are less of them out there?
Yeah....absolutely no problem

Don't forget, the Q-ship is already limited in it's historical availability time period:

Britain....Commencement of hostilities - 31-3-41
USA....1-1-42 - 30-11-43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wreford-Brown View Post
Edit: We're both thinking the same thing!

I think I can do this in one line using SH3 Commander's RandomisedEvents.cfg (I'm away from my SH3 computer so apologies if I get some file names wrong).

If I set a 75% chance of replacing the Q-ships ApperanceDate with AppearanceDate=19450501 it means that there's a 25% chance of it appearing per patrol. It won't prevent you seeing more than one during a patrol but it means that on average you see them about every fourth patrol.

I'll add it to the list - I've now got four good ideas that I'm working on.

P.S. Does anyone have a lightbulb smilie? I could really have done with one here.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote