Old 03-06-14, 03:59 AM   #64
TheGeoff
Planesman

Downloads: 27
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andayle View Post
This is fantastic

I only stumbled across this game yesterday, downloaded it at around 7pm. What I thought was around an hour later turned out to be a little more at 11pm :P

I'm a huge fan of the Dwarf Fortress format, combining this with a subsim is perfect gaming for me. One thing I did notice was that my sub would be very unreliable with its equipment. I had a major damage to both generators and also my torpedo room caught on fire and killed all the crew in it. This was before I even reached the mission area

I shall let a few of my friends know of this as they have very similar taste in games. Keep up the great work, this could well turn into something spectacular for us Dwarf Fortress type gamers
Glad you like it! Sounds like we have similar tastes in games

If you want to change how often accidents/failures occur, open the "gameoptions.ini" file in the game folder and change the value for sub_reliability. If you make it much higher, say 1000, accidents will rarely occur. For a real challenge, make it zero and see how long you last!

I can confirm that the next version will include a fire suppression system, based on the LOKh ("Submarine Volumetric Chemical") system used on Russian and Indian submarines (and similar to those used on many other nations' subs). This is very useful, especially when torpedo room fires start getting out of control.

Also Tango thanks for pointing out the bug in battery usage - turns out the oxygen generator was using way too much power (even when switched off) and draining the battery in seconds. This will also be fixed in the next update.
TheGeoff is offline   Reply With Quote