View Single Post
Old 08-05-07, 02:04 PM   #11
Snacko
Engineer

Downloads: 58
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by WEBSTER
yes you can save with errors as long as you have the basic elements to complete the mission already validated. anything you add after that can have errors and still be saved, to be stable always finish up any changes to a mission by checking for any validation errors to avoid ctd.

the missions still ran ok for me but i went through them and cleaned up all the errors, it wasnt hard and only took about ten minutes per mission. i did however have to leave out a few small ships, gunboats, tugboats n such because of overcrowding in small areas, but i could have found another place for them if i wanted to, deleting them was easier and you never notice there missing.

EDIT: 90 percent of all the errors were ships too close together or waypoints that were missing or too close to next waypoint. i did come accross a few ships that needed to be told to "head to waypoint" but just one here and there that you would never notice.
@Webster,
Ok, I didn't know it would save with any errors except for sub errors. There is an option to 'ignore player errors', I may have used that a couple times.

I didn't know about the waypoint distance minimum until I made later missions. I think they need to be at least 1000 meters or more. That's pretty easy to fix. And the ships too close to each other should also be easy to fix. But if they are docked ships, that should not cause an error should it? Or is it just the harbor ships I have floating, and maybe not have the docked checkbox checked?

@birdy,
Were you able to fix the missions in the Editor, and fix your CTD? If you just fixed the errors and still get CTD, then maybe 1.2 missions are not fully compatable with 1.3. The SH Mission Editor itself does have bugs in it. You have to be careful and just know not to do some things. I just dragged the objects in one mission to a new island and SH4 then always made part of the island invisible. I had to start all over!

@Anybody....
Has anybody else at all had CTD with my missions in 1.3???