Old 07-31-14, 03:36 PM   #62
BigWalleye
Sea Lord

Downloads: 465
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubini View Post
Hi guys,
At first excuse me by bad english ... is frequently difficult to me to say exactly what I intend...

If I understood well, looking at what Leitender said, seems that isnīt necessary any script work.

Anyway yesterday at night I took a look at the sh3 commands one more time and it not have a direct course order - itīs just possible by dial click.
IIRC, the awesome Sh3 voice commander mod have made a successful work on dial clicks, so the idea is really plausible.

Autohotkey can simulate mouse clicks&mouse movement but itīs a bit complex and resolution&GUI dependent to work correctly in this case.
It's more than plausible. A while back, I used AutoIT to create a patrol script for SH3. It takes the sub on a zigzag course with dives for hydrophone checks every 2 hours. This involves course changes and dives to 30m, or 20m in shallow areas. The mouse-click depth setting worked fine. Unfortunately the keyboard capture from AutoIT got overridden by the keyboard handler from SH3Speech. I would rather have voice command than automation, so out went AutoIT scripts. But it certainly is feasible.

I see where you are headed with the Wandering Helmsman idea, which injects a random uncertainty in sub position that increases over time. This could be used in a very simple Real Nav function. But I would like to be able to do Real Nav the way it is done in SH5. There, as in RL, the navigator makes a sighting every 6 hours (conditions permitting) and gives the skipper an estimated position. I don't have a problem calculating my own position, but that was what the navigator was supposed to do, not the skipper. If I turn off sub position on the chart, do you know of any way to determine the true position of the boat?
BigWalleye is offline   Reply With Quote