View Single Post
Old 10-07-17, 04:33 AM   #8
alex2011
Swabbie

Downloads: 54
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mspot View Post
I recently performed a mission in the 1984 (default) campaign near the Barent's Sea, off the coast of Russia. I took out all targets and successfully evaded six enemy torpedoes. However, one enemy torpedo took an hour of evasion before it ran out of "steam" and self detonated. Holy s--t, Submariner, is that called a quirk or a bug? I was certain the most I would have to go was approximately twenty-five minutes -- based on previous game play, and the run time of the game's MK48 ADCAP. But, no, I had to evade for an hour. WTF? Yeah, I know, nobody would believe it unless I had a video to back up my claim. Anyway, good thing for the speed, agility and knuckle abilities of the Seawolf class submarine as the maximum depth was 645-feet with no duct and no layer. An hour!

its a true i experienced some challenge in Russian campaign with MK48 ADCAP it took me 10~15 min to evade but i noticed something important a torpedo has a seek range!! and in this case its 400yd!!! so when u turn 180 turn or 360 no matter it require u immediately so u need a tactic i using for this bad boy first u need to confuse it with knuckle or noise maker so it turn 90 degree in this time u must keep going straight with maximum speed 38 knot or more !!! when this bad boy required u u must do the tactic again but u must do it before its requiring why?? because u trying to avade this bad boy torpedo so u must catch more distance so do it perfectly and wisely!!
alex2011 is offline   Reply With Quote