View Single Post
Old 04-27-10, 06:24 AM   #5
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

I remember that over the last 2 years I read many reports in esim forums that Vista users are effected by massive slowdowns - some of them, but not all.

As I recall it, the problem definitely is Vista, not SBP. Vista is also reported to possibly cause slowdowns and system "kills" with quite a significant number of titles.

I also seem to recall that eSim has recommended not to use Vista anyway, some longer time ago - not only with regard to SBP. But this I just tell by memory.

I am running SBP under XP on a P-IV/3 GHz with 2 GB RAM and an AGP 7950 with 512 MB at 1680x1050 - with frames in the high 20s up to middle-30s. It always ran smooth for me, even with 1 GB and AGP-7800GS 256 MB.

P.S. Some user made maps are extremely detailled areas of cities with many roads and houses. Such killer maps indeed can causea noticable drop in frames. I remember that this is the case with some of the recreations of American cities near US Forts. I avoid such maps. But it is rare that this happens - out of the blue I could not name a signle mission or map by title, I just remember that I passed on three or four such user-made missions over the past 4 years.