View Single Post
Old 03-31-12, 09:24 PM   #3787
gAiNiAc
Weps

Downloads: 16
Uploads: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrBeast View Post
I love this mod, I really do. But the stock deckgun crew bug, in conjunction with Gar/Tambor having stern deckgun placement ONLY in TMO is driving me nuts!

When I started a new career, I thought long and hard about deckgun placement. I decided to keep the default Bow only settings, knowing full well the Gar/Tambor limitations, but hoping to circumvent the issue by a) starting with any other boat, and b) waiting until the Gato became available and turning down offers for new subs until then. So I picked a Sargo class and started out from Manilla for a change. Racked up patrol after patrol, the months went by, I turned down offers for new subs twice, until finally it was 1943 and the Gato was (theoretically) available for my Flotilla (TMO+RSRDC combo, btw). February 1943, and as I return home from yet another highly successful sortie, I get offered command of a new sub. "At last!", I think, only to find myself in command of a Tambor!!!

So...am I stuck with my Sargo? Do I HAVE to be in command of a Gar/Tambor before being offered a Gato? Or should I roll up my sleeves and try to make the 3'50'' deck gun available as Bow only on Gar/Tambors, as a temporary solution (I know the 5'51'' can only be placed at the stern, hence the issue with these boats, but I'm not really interested in using that cannon)? If so, can this change be made mid-patrol, or do I turn down YET another new boat offer and tinker with the UPC files while I'm in port?

Go back to your save before you were offered the Tambor and apply the fix talked about here........:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...postcount=3766