View Single Post
Old 01-11-08, 12:26 PM   #14
Rubini
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 132
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin Robbins
Funny, I thought everything looked great. I'll try the nhancer and check back.

Why in all our screenie postings do the nVidia cards consistently have better renderings than ATI cards. Time after time ATI owners say that even though they don't see the solar halo they like their images. I have never encountered an nVidia owner saying they have a problem with sun halo, and seldom with any of the other problems mentioned. Color me skeptic, but I'm checking anyway.
Hi mate,
I can't speak by others nVidia cards than my 8800GT, because before that I only had Voodoo3dfx and Ati ones. Then, at least the 8xxx series have the sun halo problem IF you use more than 4x AA or gama correction. Also the AA isn't applied at the entire scene by default. This is what is fixed using nHancer.

Ati cards in the other hand have a much better AA (SSAA) by default - what means better image quality and with good FPS - and until now I have noticed zero graphical problems in SH3/Sh4.

I'm not saying bad things about nVidia just the reality, is really hard to think that a so big company like nVidia have yet these type of problems /cheats in their drives. MSAA is really a true cheat, when we speak about image quality.